Search on this site does not include volumes 1 - 69. To access these volumes please click the links below or search past issues here.
New Zealand Plant Protection is the journal of the New Zealand Plant Protection Society. It publishes original research papers on all aspects of biology, ecology and control of weeds, vertebrate and invertebrate pests, and pathogens and beneficial micro-organisms in agriculture, horticulture, forestry and natural ecosystems. A summary or a selected aspect of every paper published in the journal is presented orally at the annual NZPPS Conference. Manuscripts can be submitted at any time but only those submitted before 15 April will be eligible for inclusion in the volume produced the same year.
New Zealand Plant Protection also publishes extended abstracts of posters that will be presented at the at the Society’s annual conference. Details on the preparation of posters and poster abstracts are available at: https://nzpps.org/posters/ . The deadline for the submission of poster abstracts is 15 May each year.
New Zealand Plant Protection (NZPP) is indexed by Scopus and has a 2016 Scopus Cite Score of 0.57. The Cite Score is calculated by dividing the number of citations in 2016 to NZPP papers published in 2013, 2014 or 2015 by the number of NZPP papers published in 2013, 2014 and 2015.
The journal is also indexed in Biosis, which is part of Web of Science.
New Zealand Plant Protection has been published under various names since 1948:
- 1948 - 1951: Proceedings of the New Zealand National Weeds Conference (volumes 1-4)
- 1952 - 1963: Proceedings of the New Zealand Weed Control Conference (volumes 5-16)
- 1964 - 1991: Proceedings of the New Zealand Weed and Pest Control Conference (volumes 17-44)
- 1992 - 1999: Proceedings of the New Zealand Plant Protection Conference from 1992 to 1999 (volumes 45-52)
- 2000 - current: New Zealand Plant Protection since 2000 (volumes 53 on).
Potential contributers are encouraged to read the instructions for authors.
Editor Dr Ruth Falshaw, email@example.com