About the Journal
ISSN 1175-9003 (print), ISSN 1179-352X (online)
2022 CiteScore: 1.7
Editor: Dr Ruth Falshaw, email@example.com
New Zealand Plant Protection is the journal of the New Zealand Plant Protection Society. It publishes original research papers on all aspects of biology, ecology and control of weeds, vertebrate and invertebrate pests, and pathogens and beneficial micro-organisms in agriculture, horticulture, forestry and natural ecosystems of relevance to New Zealand.
The journal is indexed in Scopus, CABI and Biosis, which is part of Web of Science.
At least one co-author of each paper must be a current member of the Society.
Please read the Author Guidelines before submitting a manuscript.
The New Zealand Plant Protection Society is a 'not-for-profit' organisation so it needs to recover the costs of operating the Journal by charging an article processing fee. This fee covers not only layout and publication costs but also the important work of the Journal's editors in upholding the high standards expected for publication in this long-standing and respected publication.
In 2024, authors will be required to pay a fee of NZ$420 + GST if their manuscript is accepted. Where the first author is a student currently enrolled at a New Zealand tertiary education institution, the fee will be $350 + GST.
Additional files containing supplemental information (such as data that would otherwise be referred to as 'data not shown') can be uploaded with the online version of each published paper at no extra charge. Additional files will need to be cited at the appropriate place in the paper.
Alterations to the online version of each paper are possible following publication but errors due to author oversight will cost $100 plus GST per paper to correct. Please contact the editor if you have any queries.
New Zealand Plant Protection has been published under various names since 1948:
- 1948 - 1951: Proceedings of the New Zealand National Weeds Conference (volumes 1-4)
- 1952 - 1963: Proceedings of the New Zealand Weed Control Conference (volumes 5-16)
- 1964 - 1991: Proceedings of the New Zealand Weed and Pest Control Conference (volumes 17-44)
- 1992 - 1999: Proceedings of the New Zealand Plant Protection Conference from 1992 to 1999 (volumes 45-52)
- 2000 - current: New Zealand Plant Protection since 2000 (volumes 53 on).
Copyright: In all cases, copyright is held by the New Zealand Plant Protection Society (Inc.), who reserve all rights except as laid out below.
- All papers published in New Zealand Plant Protection and its predecessor journals as listed above are the exclusive property of the New Zealand Plant Protection Society. The Society reserves the right of the first publication of such papers in complete form.
- Following publication in New Zealand Plant Protection, the Society has no objection to publication in condensed form, as long as the full reference to the original paper is given.
- Specific figures may be reproduced providing the source of the material (original authors, journal name and year published) is acknowledged in the figure caption and full bibliographic details are included in the reference list.
- Reproduction in full of any published paper can only be carried out with the permission of the Society.
- The Society has no objections to publishing the website location of any particular paper.
- The Society is not responsible for statements or opinions advanced in papers and shall not be liable for the commercial performance of any products or any losses arising from the use of the information contained therein.
Privacy statement: Names and email addresses entered in this journal site will be used exclusively for the stated purposes of this journal and will not be made available for any other purpose or to any other party.